published on the Compete Blog on 30-Oct-2007
Key Observations (Winners list):
- The Emergence of Content Sharing: 5 of the top 10 gainers having something to do with sharing content (YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, Wikipedia, Digg).
- Traffic to Facebook.com has increased by 14.6M, but hold on…traffic to MySpace.com has also increased by 10.2M during the same time period.
- AdultFriendFinder.com continues to thrive with nearly 24M unique visitors (up 8.8M this year), but look out AFF, Fling.com is catching up with you quickly. Fling has gained a whopping 17.4M visitors in the past 12 months to reach 18.7M unique visitors in September.
- Rebranding of Cingular to AT&T helped out ATT.com. All Cingular.com traffic is now channeled to wireless.att.com
- Digg has been growing faster than Facebook!
|Biggest gainers:||Sept ’07
Key Observations (Losers list):
- Traffic declined to only 8 domains in the Top 50 (Sept ’07).
- Two Amazon properties on the list – IMDB.com and Amazon.com
- Two Microsoft properties on the list – Passport.net and MSN.com. My guess is that most of their lost traffic went to Live.com, MSN’s new portal. Live.com is up 10.2M unique visitors during the same time period.
|Biggest losers:||Sept ’07