Reading the “But I like the sticky floors” post on Seth Godin’s blog regarding McDonalds trying out new restaurant designs reminded me of a hotel I stayed at during one of my layovers in Zurich — Park Inn Zurich Airport.
It was the first (and only?) McDonald’s hotel (opened in 2001).
This four-star hotel is as boutique/Feng Shui/funky/shi shi as they come — complete with stylish opaque glass pods for a shower (built right into the bedroom — so roommates beware!), adjustable beds (similar to a hospital bed) and bright curvy walls.
The McDonalds colors and arches are everywhere. It’s also connected to a McDonalds restaurant downstairs!
Let’s see if the new modern McDonalds design works for them. It’s not the first time they’ve tried something this radical.
In the mean time, check out the hotel next time you’re in Zurich. It’s a golden piece of history..
– Functional Feng Shui style building – ideal business and seminar hotel!
– 208 twin, double, triple, family and business rooms
– 9 meeting rooms with natural daylight
– Complimentary Business Corner with 2 Internet stations and printers
– Restaurant, Lounge & Bar
– Fitness room
– 100 underground parking spaces
– Complimentary airport shuttle subject, to timetable and availability
– 24 h reception